2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

About a year ago I bought a Rand_McNally Overdrive 7. Out of warranty I needed a new holder/magnet. After much searching of the internet I could not find the parts and R_M did not sell them. (Catch 22?)

After months of calls, on-hold, internet searches and must frustration R_M decided to send me a magnet and suction cup. I live in Canada. It took a month to arrive - it was the wrong magnet and cup.

More calls and internet and on-hold and finally they are sending a new one.

Three weeks later the item had not arrived although UPS said it was delivered. More mystery, phone calls, internet, on hold, no one knows and after another 3 weeks - it had been delivered to the wrong address.

At this point it is certainly not the fault of R_M. If anything they were great.

Now I havemy new magnet/holder. I'm finally taking a trip and attach all the GPS parts. I hit a bump, the overdryve pops off the magnet, falls on the floor and cracks. Even this is not necessarily R_M fault.

I tried to chat, to call, to e-mail for days. Finally I got a woman who spent over half an hour on the phone with me taking my info, setting up a case #, $99 to fix plus postage, etc. She said I will you an e-mail with the instructions on how to send your R_M to be fixed.

It never happened. I've e-mailed and called since. This is becoming an ugly full time job.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rand Mcnally Gps Navigation System.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Frustration.

Comments